Sunday, February 3, 2008

Still A Work in Progress...And Updates on the Latest Doctor Visit




So far we have finished putting together all of his furniture (not pictured: the changing/dresser combo) and we have cleaned and put on all of his bedding. The teddy bear you see in his bed is a "womb sounds bear". It plays a recording of what the baby hears in the womb...this should make him go to sleep a little easier. We're still not finished. We have the letters of his name to hang on the wall above his bed and some more decor to get, but other than that we're doing good. I'm glad we're this far along since the doctor informed me that he'll probably want to take him around 38-39 weeks instead of waiting until 40. I'm hoping that Bryce just comes on his own around that time instead of having to be induced. Not that I don't want to be induced but I would like to go into labor naturally. Whatever the doctor feels is the best way to go about it, when the time comes, is what we'll be ready for. I can't believe it's getting so close! The reasoning behind the doctor wanting to take him early is because of the affect that gestational diabetes/insulin has on the placenta...it makes it age quicker. Since the placenta is only supposed to be around for 9 months it could cause complications near the end if Bryce hasn't been born yet. My belly is currently measuring 30 weeks which is right on and his heartbeat is great! My next appointment is February 13th so I'll update you some more then.

BYE!!

1 comment:

Laura Herring said...

Bryce's room looks AWESOME!!! You guys are doing a great job getting it ready for little man. Can't wait to see it (and Bryce!) in person.